Wednesday 27 March 2013

Sara Lee Caramel Peanut Brittle

After the success of Sara Lee's cookies and cream, I definitely had to try some more flavours. I was grocery shopping last night and as luck would have it, Sara Lee ice creams were on sale so I picked this up, as it sounded the most intriguing to me.



Described as "Made with fresh cream from selected Australian dairies, and swirled with a gooey caramel fudge and crunchy peanut brittle pieces coated in real milk chocolate". It made me hungry. 


I was a bit worried about what state the ice cream would be in though after the long trip home from the grocery store. And there were a few ice crystals around the edges from the re-freeze. However, I had nothing to worry about as when I scooped away that top layer, it gave way to a perfectly fluffy texture.

The picture above shows just a tiny hint of what I would find when I scooped further...


TONS of chocolate-coated peanut brittle pieces! I really love when an ice cream has tons of bits in it. It's hard to avoid them but trying the base itself, I would guess at vanilla - however it did have a hint of caramel.
Not much sign of the swirl so far, but as I only ate off the top layer I hope there is more to be found further down. 
The peanut brittle pieces are delicious with the ice cream - perfectly sweet and salty. The chocolate coating just helps to bring it all together. I enjoyed my sample of this ice cream a lot and will definitely be finishing this off in time and possibly buying again.



No comments:

Post a Comment