Saturday 16 February 2013

Harry's Ice Cream Co - Banana Caramel Swirl



The container of Banana Caramel Swirl proclaims, "with ripened Cavendish bananas", which made me excited thinking that there'd be pieces of real banana in this ice cream. Sadly, that wasn't the case, however the ice cream does have a strong banana taste. It's obvious that real bananas were used to give this ice cream it's flavour, which is definitely a good thing.




However, I thought the banana taste was too overpowering at times. Especially when compared to the caramel swirl, which I think there just was not enough of. The little pocket of caramel at the top of the picture was so far the only swirl I found.

I guess I had high expectations for this flavour after how good the lamington was, but it just isn't that great. The taste of real bananas is the only plus to this ice cream. I also think it needs more caramel. I'll finish this container eventually, sure, but I doubt I'll buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment