Wednesday 20 February 2013

Connoisseur Caramel Honey Macadamia


Let me just start off by saying, I am a huge fan of the Connoisseur brand of ice creams. Before I even had the idea to start this blog, I'd consumed copious amounts of it over the years. I love the stuff. I've tried nearly every flavour and I'll have reviews of them all up eventually, but today I'm going to start with Caramel Honey Macadamia.


Sounds pretty enticing, doesn't it? I love the descriptions and background to the flavour they give on the back of the containers. This one is described as "honey roasted macadamias smothered in smooth caramel flavoured ice cream and honey sauce". 


It's a nice, smooth, buttery-looking caramel ice cream and if you look reeeally hard, you can see the macadamias...


There's a better view!

Okay. I really love this ice cream. It's rich and smooth just like Connoisseur always is. It has a sweet, slightly mild caramel flavour. I would enjoy just this caramel base flavour all by itself, but the macadamias really steal the show. They're delicious! They're covered in honey and have a nice, roasted flavour. The honey is strong, but not overpowering. There's just enough of the macadamia halves and pieces that you may not get them on every spoonful - but it's fun hunting for them so I don't mind!

This ice cream is definitely going into my "buy again" list. Connoisseur did an excellent job with this.




No comments:

Post a Comment